Using the CLVS Connection in Appraise-It Pro
Direct Video Link:
CoreLogic Valuation Solutions, or CLVS, is one of the main report delivery portals available in Appraise-It Pro.
When you are ready to deliver your report through the CLVS system, go to the Orders menu in Appraise-It Pro and select CLVS Connection.
You will first be prompted for your Order Number. Enter this into the box and answer the questions below about undue influence, then press Next.
Next, enter your CLVS User ID and Password. You can check this Save Password box to have the program remember your account information from here on out. Then, click Next.
Now select the pages from your report for delivery:
On the left hand side, check and uncheck the boxes next to the pages or addenda you wish to include and exclude from the final delivery. You can also rearrange the forms by clicking on a form and using the arrows above the pages box on the right side to move it up or down.
On the right there are a number of Settings to consider:
- Compress Images: The first two settings allow you to choose whether or not you wish to compress the images in the PDF and / or ENV created for delivery. This is important because there is a 10 megabyte limit on the delivered report.
If you wish to alter the compression setting, enter a new value in the JPEG Compression field. This is a number from 1-100 with 100 being the best quality (least compressed). Since better quality means a larger image size, you need to choose a good balance point. By default, images are compressed to 60% quality.
- Extended Comments: The Extended Comments section, which applies to ENV files, allows you to set how your comments will be included. If you mostly used text in your Extended Comments, you may want to choose “Convert to text addendum”. This will take up less space in the envelope and will make it easier to digitally process it on the other end.
If you included images, charts or graphs, you may want to select “Convert to exhibit pages”. This will preserve the formatting by converting your Extended Comments to whole-page images and include them on AIReady exhibit pages. This will, however, add to the overall size of the envelope, so keep this in mind.
Finally, in the Options section, there are a number of checkboxes to adjust some miscellaneous settings.
- Combine extended comments: This applies to the PDF and is checked by default. It will boil down all of the different extended comment sections to save pages. Unchecking this box will put each extended comment section on its own page.
- Show file and case number: This will overlay these labels onto the word processing and PDF addenda in the upper-right corner just like on other pages. This applies to the PDF version of the report.
- Check for validation errors: This will ensure your report is checked one last time by the report validator for formatting and math errors and will make sure all text will fit within the lines and boxes on the report.
- Number pages: This will place the page number at the bottom of your PDF pages.
- Clear commentary addendum: This clears the commentary tab and is generally only used at the direction of tech support.
When you’re ready, click Next.
Now you’ll need to pass validation from ProQuality. If you pass validation, you will see a screen like this one.
If you don’t you will get red errors and will need to click on the items to see what changes you may need to make to your report.
You will also need to check the Commentary tab up top for any questions from ProQuality that need to be answered about the report. When you have completed the Commentary tab and have passed ProQuality Validation, press the Submit Report button in the lower right.
After the report is submitted, the CLVS integration will prompt you to review the ENV and you will need to either confirm or reject the report’s submission.